Excuses are really one of two things:
1. An excuse is used when a person or persons do not want to do something, either because of laziness or they just plain do not want to do whatever the task is or was supposed to be done by that individual.
2. An excuse is used when a person has been caught and called on the carpet for having done something which was not right or for having done nothing at all.
My philosophy has three parts:
1. Individuals that consistently are having to use excuses are usually very lazy, or have poor time management skills, or are procrastinators.
2. Persons that use excuses most always believe that their reasoning or excuse for not completing or getting around to doing a chore or project is very reasonable or justifiable.
3. People that use excuses can not take full responsibility for their actions of why something did or did not happen. There is almost always someone or something else that is to blame or share in the blame.
However, this being said, oddly enough the first part of this philosophy that I have, does not describe me. I am not lazy, am not a procrastinator nor do I have poor time management skills.
I do fall into the second and third category as I believe my excuse which is written below is completely legitimate and purely understandable and is not entirely my fault.
I have an excuse I use on Saturdays and Sundays during the Professional and College Football Season. I can not get any writing or much of anything else done as there is always a football game that is important to view, due to the team perhaps being one of my favorite teams or being a team that I hate so much that I don't want to miss out on perhaps watching them lose.
Now that we have the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) rankings, it is even more important for me to watch the ranked teams play so that I might talk intelligently concerning the BCS rankings on why or why I do not agree with their computer system and outcome.
Too, there are so many television channels that carry each and every football game that it destroys all chances of my being able to be productive on Saturdays and Sundays. Even if I choose not to purchase the "NFL Package," there is always a Sports Bar nearby of which will have enough flat screen television sets and a draft beer special. So in turn, allows for any game no matter how obscure a location or however poorly performing the team, it will be televised.
This is out of my control, so in a way it is the Networks fault for having games spread throughout the entire morning, afternoon and evening. Adding insult to injury is Monday Night Football by the NFL. Thursday and Friday evening games are now very common in the College Football arena because of the dedicated sports channels of ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN360;
Another thing out of my control is Fantasy Football has been added to my agenda. I can not say no, as my Buddies are all playing Fantasy Football and I do not want to be excluded from the crowd. Fantasy Football is arranged in such a way that I have players from 9 different teams. If I want to know how my Fantasy Team is doing, then I need to be logged onto my computer so that I may watch all my team and my competitors' players.
Football games get in my vision's pathway.
How am I suppose to get anything done during Football Season?
OKAY, now time for all of you or at least one of you to purchase a cool skeleton pirate tee shirt with MY BAD TEQUILA website listed on the backside . http://shop.mybadtequila.com twitter: mybadtequila
Hasta Luego BABY!
Author & CEO - MY BAD TEQUILA
"Have a Double Shot of Reality"